Have a great weekend, I myself are going to bed as I feel a cold coming on....
Stacked Leather & Wool Mushroom
-Felt or boiled wool
-Sharpie marker (fine tip)
-Hot glue gun
1. Cut about 20-25 quarter sized circles, alternating leather and felt.
2. Using the hot glue gun, glue the circles to create a stack. This will form the stem of your mushroom.
3. Using a sharpie, draw the shape of your mushroom cap on a piece of leather. This will be the largest part of the mushroom.
4. Cut the leather.
5. Use the leather piece as a template and trace the shape onto a piece of felt.
6. Cut the felt very slightly smaller than the template.
7. Repeat steps 5 & 6, alternating between felt and leather.
8. As you cut your leather and wool, it helps to number the pieces to keep track of their order.
9. Once the pieces become too small to cut, assemble them by stacking and hot gluing all of your mushroom cap pieces from largest to smallest. (Use only a dot or two of hot glue toward the center of the mushroom, keeping the edges unglued)
10. After you have assembled the cap, glue the stem to the underside of the mushroom cap.
Photo by Colin Cooke